“Content is king” is a common phrase among content marketers. But why is it so popular? It’s easy to consume, whether you read it on your computer or mobile device. There are also some statistics about content marketing that show how popular it is – I’ll discuss those in this article.
- 60 percent of marketers share content at least once a day. It shouldn’t be surprising that those who publish a lot of content tend to get more leads. Regular posts are worth it, no matter what kind of content you produce – a podcast, an article, an infographic, or a video.
- Content marketing leaders’ unique site traffic grows 7.8 times higher than content marketing followers. Publish content that establishes your expertise, not your position as a follower, to increase your website’s views.
- The cost of content marketing is 62 percent less than traditional marketing, and it generates three times more leads. What’s not to like about getting double the number of leads and spending half as much? You should be able to cut costs while increasing leads when you switch from traditional marketing. Perhaps this is because content marketing nurtures leads and relationships in ways native marketing can’t.
- The conversion rate is six times higher among content marketers than for non-adopters. The message is “Do better by working smarter, not harder.” Conversion rates for content marketing are much higher than traditional marketing.
- Most business-to-business marketers spend a third of their advertising budget on content marketing. Make content marketing a priority in your budget, and follow the lead of people who already do it well. This is an effective strategy.
- 58 percent of marketers prioritize original written content. It’s good news for those on a tight budget. If you focus on written content, which is more cost-effective and more powerful, you can still deliver an effective marketing campaign.
- Ninety-three percent of businesses use content marketing. When partnering with a business, you need to have trust, and most B2B marketers agree that content marketing is essential.
- Eight-two percent of bloggers see a positive return on investment. As the statistic above demonstrates, blogging will help you expand your business.
- Sixty-eight percent of users read content on their mobile devices. Smartphones have revolutionized internet usage. Since half of Internet users access the internet via mobile devices, making your content mobile-friendly is crucial to ensure everyone sees it.
- Brand emails generate 57% of responses among 45 to 54-year-olds, but only 22% among millennials. Therefore, it’s crucial to understand your audience. The effectiveness of content marketing depends on your ability to also reach customers through the correct channels. If most of your customers read emails but don’t surf the web, you won’t reach them if you only publish stuff on your website.
- Seventy-one percent of B2B buyers review blogs before buying. Blogs are important for businesses. You should update your blogs regularly with engaging, high-quality content in order to achieve the best results.
- Almost one-third of consumers first look up a brand on social media. This is similar to point 10. You will be able to achieve the best results from your marketing strategy if you publish your content on the right platforms. Having a good social media presence can make or break your campaign.
- A content marketing campaign costs 41 percent less than a paid search campaign. Putting more effort into content marketing has never been more important. Content marketing is essential to any marketing strategy, as shown by the statistics above. Consider these statistics when creating consistent, interesting content when tweaking your marketing plan.
When deciding what to include in your content marketing campaign, make sure you include blog content – contact me on Upwork or on my website if you want to find out more about my services.