Everyone’s looking for new ideas for content for their website. You could copy ideas that other freelance writers in your niche have used – that’s good for a start, but eventually, you might run out of ideas. So how do you generate more ideas? The easiest way I’ve come up with is to use a content idea generator, and the best one I’ve found is Portent’s Content Idea Generator.
How to Use It
- Go to the link mentioned above.
- Type in keywords you want to get an idea for. As an example, I’ll use freelance writing.
- Check out some of the ideas it comes up with. For freelance writing these are some of the ideas that came up:
- 13 Things About Freelance Writing Your Kids Don’t Want You to Know
- What Jezebel Should Write About Freelance Writing
- How Freelance Writing Once Saved the World
- Why Freelance Writing is a Blankety-Blank
- Why No One Talks About Freelance Writing Anymore
- The 5 Best Resources for Freelance Writing
- Why the Next 10 Years of Freelance Writing Will Smash the Last 10
Some of the ideas are ridiculous of course, but others could potentially make good ideas for blog posts. My last post actually came from the Blog Idea Generator.
If you’re looking for more ideas, here are some other suggestions for coming up with content ideas:
- create a Google alert for the keywords you’re interested in. You can set it up to receive alerts on whatever schedule you want, and you can choose what kind of content you want to be included in it.
- create a Feedly account and set up searches for different keywords. Check out the posts that show up in those searches and write posts about the ones that interest you or that you think are relevant to your niche.
I hope this post has given you some ideas for how to come up with content ideas for your website. If you have any comments or other content generating ideas you want to share, please feel free to comment below.